Common sense SUP practice.
Stand Up Paddleboards are large, weighty objects. Please be aware of your surroundings to ensure you do not cause injury to yourself or others.
- Never SUP alone and tell someone where you are going, and what time you will be back;
- Check the forecast before you go(Click here for the Bureau of Meteorology);
- NEVER SUP between the flags!
- Avoid crowded beaches with shore breaks to reduce accident risk;
- Be aware of tides and currents at a spot (Sit and watch if it's your first time);
- Novices in a crowded line up are not cool;
- You can catch smaller/less perfect waves with your SUP;
- Always use a leg rope to minimise accidents with other people/objects;
- Have FUN!